McCartney, an animal rights activist, appeared on The Simpsons
episode 3F03, "Lisa The Vegetarian." McCartney helps Lisa become a vegetarian and tells her that if you play this song backwards, you hear a recipe for lentil soup. Over the closing credits of that episode, if you listen carefully, you can hear the backwards message. As an extra feature on The Simpsons
DVD, you can hear McCartney read the recipe and say, "There you have it Simpsons lovers, oh and by the way, I'm alive."
The lentil soup recipe Paul speaks backwards is:
- one medium onion, chopped
- two tablespoons of vegetable oil
- one clove of garlic, crushed
- one cup of carrots, chopped
- two sticks of celery, chopped
- half a cup of lentils
- one bay leaf
- one tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- two and a quarter cups of vegetable stock or water
With the exception of John Lennon, each Beatle has been on at least one episode of The Simpsons
. George Harrison was on the episode "The B- Sharps" and Ringo was on the "The Letter."