DNA stands for Deoxyribonucleicacid. They are the molecules that carry the instructions used in growth, development, functioning and reproduction in organisms. Here are some fun facts from The Encyclopedia of Trivia
The first animal to have its DNA completely sequenced was a nematode worm in 1998.
In 2013 The United States Supreme Court unanimously rules that naturally occurring DNA sequences cannot be patented.
The DNA of anyone is 99.9 per cent identical to that of anyone else. It's the other 0.1 percent that makes one person different from another.
To store all the DNA in the world, it would take 1 sextillion supercomputers.
If your DNA was stretched out it would reach to the moon 6,000 times.
Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.